Description: SUBMISSIONS CLOSED FOR 2016
The University Film and Video Association (UFVA) is continuing its annual Graduate Student Fellowship in 2016. The fellowship provides financial support for students attending this year's UFVA conference at Green Valley Ranch Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. The fellowship is meant to provide professional development opportunities for current graduate students working in the areas of media, film, and production studies. The fellowship is led by a UFVA board member and features a series of "fellows only” programs designed to further your knowledge of media education, media production, and careers within higher education. Fellows should expect to gain inspiration, career furthering experiences, mentorship, and connections.
Fellows receive: registration, lodging in a shared room, and a "special event” tickets for the annual picnic and banquet.
The UFVA is looking for outstanding applicants from all film, video, and other media related disciplines. "Makers” and scholars are considered equally.
Applicants must be a graduate student at the time of application and, if accepted, must be a member of the UFVA to attend the conference. Student memberships can be purchased for $30 at:
- All materials must be submitted by 4/22/2016.
- Applicants will be notified of their status by 5/15/2016.
- Accepted fellows must accept or decline their award by 5/25/2016.
Award "Pay Out” / Cancellation Policy:
Pay Out Policy
- The UFVA Student Fellowship "award” covers the cost of conference registration, lodging in a shared dorm room, and "special event” tickets for the summer conference.
- The "award" will be paid directly to the UFVA summer conference host site by the UFVA.
- Accepted UFVA Student Fellows will not receive any funds directly.
- UFVA Student Fellows are expected to attend the upcoming conference.
- Cancellations after the 5/25/2016 confirmation date are highly discouraged.
- If "extenuating circumstances” arise after the 5/25/2016 confirmation date and the accepted UFVA Student Fellow is unable to attend the conference a written explanation endorsed by the UFVA Student Fellow’s faculty recommender will be expected.
Please fill out the following submission form by 4/22/2016.
Include a 75 word statement explaining why you would like to attend the UFVA conference at Green Valley Ranch in Las Vegas.
Include a 500 word statement explaining your professional goals & aspirations. Pay particular attention to how attending the 2016 UFVA Conference will contribute to your professional development.
Faculty recommenders can submit their recommendations via the Recommendation Submission Form (note, faculty recommendations cannot be submitted via the student application below).
Direct any and all questions to the "Fellowship Coordinator," Joe Brown at: joseph.v.brown[at]marquette.edu