Applications for the 2016 Carole Fielding Grant are now open. The deadline is December 15, 2016 @ 12:00 PM
Assemble in the following order.
- A one-page description of the project that includes: a statement of purpose, an indication of the resources available to complete the work, and a summary of the proposed production or research project.
- A one page resume of the applicant, including information on past film/video/newmedia work, and/or publications.
- A statement by the sponsoring UFVA Member, assessing the feasibility of the project and indicating his or her willingness to serve as faculty supervisor or consultant. (This is not a “recommendation.” Please be sure that your sponsor is an individual UFVA member– Institutional Memberships do not suffice).
- A one-page budget, clearly indicating what portion of the total project will be supported by this grant.
- Add the appropriate document for your application from the list below.
For Production proposals:
Narrative—a copy of the script (limit: 30 minutes).
Documentary—a short treatment (limit: 45 minutes)
Experimental/Animation/NewMedia—a treatment or script, and/or a storyboard.
For Research proposals:
A description of the methodology to be employed and a statement indicating the relationship of the proposed study to previous research in the field. (Maximum award $1000)
Research proposals must include a single pdf file containing your answers to these questions:
1. A description of research proposal: (not more than 500 words)
2. How does your research fit within the discipline? (not more than 500 words)
That is, what other work has been done in this area?
How does your proposal expand on existing research?
3. Description of research activities: (not more than 500 words)
4. Proposed budget: (Be sure to include any required travel, in-kind contributions, etc).
5. Anticipated outcome of the research: What do you plan to do with the findings of your research? (not more than 500 words)
For all Grant Applications assemble the all appropriate documents into one PDF for upload via the application form below.
DO NOT SEND OTHER MATERIALS UNLESS REQUESTED. SUBMISSION MATERIALS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
Eligibility: An applicant must be a student (undergraduate/graduate) at the time the application is made. A faculty member who is an active member of the University Film & Video Association or staff at a UFVA member institution must sponsor the applicant.
Legal: Grant winners are required to include UFVA/UFVF in the project or production credits, and present completed work at a UFVA Conference. (Conference fees may be waived at the discretion of the Conference Host, but travel, hotel, and meals are the responsibility of the presenter.) The UFVA reserves the right to publish funded work in UFVA journals, conferences, and online at the UFVA website. The judges reserve the right to refrain from awarding grants, or to fund more than one project per year, if quality or quantity of submissions so justify. Recipients receive 50% of funding at completion of project. Additional materials may be requested from applicants prior to final judging. Judges will not comment on the results of their deliberations except to announce the awards.