Breckenridge Film Festival Call for Entries
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
Posted by: Andrea Meyer
The Breckenridge Film Festival wants to see all you talented, creative folks in our beautiful mountain town!!! We've met so many wonderful people who we hope to see again and we look forward to meeting many more new filmmakers.
We are proud to boast that 3 of our featured films in 2016 are Oscar contenders!!!!- Borrowed Time, Piper and Life, Animated.
Here are some incentives to submit and attend:
· Breckenridge Film Festival is a well established festival that has been going strong for 37 years
· BFF was rated top 100 festivals by Filmfreeway users. Here's what FF had to say: "According to reviews from real FilmFreeway users, your festival ranks in the top 2% of more than 4,700 film festivals and creative contests around the world. No doubt, this ranking is a testament to the countless hours of hard work and care that you and your staff have devoted to creating such a wonderful event."
· The scenery is spectacular in Breckenridge, nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. The film festival is held in the fall when the leaves are a brilliant combo of yellow, orange, & red. Words do not give it justice.
Here’s a great quote from an attending filmmaker
"Being a southern California resident, I have to say I was blown away by the attention to our needs and the support of our film. Hell, everybody’s films. But the single thing that blew my mind most of all was the amount of effort it must have taken to get all those yellow leaves on all those trees! Breckenridge must have an army of people out there pasting, painting, cutting and climbing ladders!" Chopper Bernet from Aquiescence (LOL!!!)
· Every attending filmmaker is given personal attention by both the programming team and the liasions who can answer their questions and assist in their stay.
· Filmmakers who attend have access to complimentary lodging, a friendly hospitable VIP lounge stocked with yummy treats and beverages, and many fun parties in local establishments.
If that's not incentive enough, BFF is offering a chance at comp lodging and passes (same benefits of attending filmmakers who's film is selected) for anyone who recommends a film that's selected for our four featured programming slots at the Riverwalk Center that is submitted and chosen, in other words, a finder’s fee. Filmmakers can submit on either filmfreeway.com or withoutabox.com.
The next deadline is April 7th. Final deadline is May 8, 2017.
Responses from 2016 attending filmmakers:
"I can't resist - what a brilliant weekend!
All of us over here at Persistent Productions are so grateful to be a part of it. The quality of films was phenomenal, the festival was run so well, and we met some magnificent people. We're feeling very honored!" David Flood from Step by Step
"Many thanks for an outstanding film festival experience! Not only did you nail the weather, with the aspen color perfectly timed, but your hard work and planning pulled off a smooth and enjoyable film festival for filmmakers and audience alike. I hope I can bring future projects to BreckFilmFest!" Steve Elfers from Pumped Dry: The Global Crisis of Vanishing Groundwater
"As Colorado boys, Jordan and I couldn't have been more proud to be a part of BFF2016! Meeting many of you and feeling so at home at such a well organized and supported festival has been the highlight of a very busy year." Kale Casey from Dog Power
"I will jump on the Breckenridge lovefest train. Thank you Dianna, Janice and the whole BFF team for a wonderful time. You put together a great program and it was a treat to see such amazing work and meet so many of the talented and cool filmmakers." Hoyt Richards from Intersection
"Thank you all for the camaraderie. Meeting other filmmakers is always my favorite part of BreckFilmFest and I feel like I still have great connections with people I met at Breck four years ago. Greg I Hamilton from Power of the River: Expedition to the Heart of Bhutan
P.S. Alums of the festival, contact me directly about a submissions discount. Dianna @ firstname.lastname@example.org