2017 UFVA Graduate Student Conference Fund (7/30–8/3)
The University Film and Video Association Graduate Student Conference Fund provides financial support for students attending the annual UFVA conference.
This fund provides professional development opportunities for current graduate students working in the areas of media, film, and production studies.
Active participation in the UFVA annual conference provides the professional net-working opportunity to further career development and build your knowledge base. Fellows receive: registration, lodging in a shared dorm room, and banquet.
- The UFVA is looking to support applicants from all cinematic arts and media related disciplines. Practitioners and scholars are considered equally.
- Applicants must be a graduate student at the time of application and submitted to present in the current conference.
- Awarded Student must be a member of the UFVA to attend the conference.
- Student memberships can be purchased for $30 at:
- All materials - see instructions below must be submitted by 4/30/2017.
- Applicants will be notified of their status by 5/22/2017.
- Accepted fellows must accept or decline their award by 5/29/2017.
Award "Pay Out” and Cancellation Policy:
Pay Out Policy
- The UFVA Student Fellowship “award” covers the conference cost, registration, lodging in a dorm room and banquet tickets.
- The "award" will be paid directly to the conference host from UFVA.
- The awarded students will not receive any funds directly.
- The Awarded Students are expected to attend the upcoming conference.
- Cancellations after the 5/29/2017 confirmation date are highly discouraged.
- A written explanation endorsed by the UFVA Student Fellow’s faculty recommender will be expected if "extenuating circumstances” arise after the 5/29/2017 confirmation date and the awarded student is unable to attend the conference.
1. Submit a cover letter detailing your rationale for funded attendance at this conference. The Selection Committee expects that this rationale will address why your presentation or attendance at this conference is important to your education and career at this stage.
Your cover letter must include your name, address, phone number, email, degree
program, and projected graduation date. Please submit your response in pdf.
2. Provide copies of materials submitted to the conference organizers:
- Presentation content, essay, abstract or script in DPF
- Film link.
3. Please have your faculty recommender fill out the submission form by 4/30/2017.
Faculty recommender link: Recommendation Submission Form
Direct any and all questions to the "Fellowship Coordinator," Wenhwa Tsao at firstname.lastname@example.org